Roaches like to move in for summer vacation and help themselves to the crumbs. These hidden home invaders generally scurry around your home looking for food at night. Cockroaches can be dangerous because they are an allergen and asthma trigger. Also, they can leave illness causing bacteria on your food sources. Once you have cockroaches, you will have to take an aggressive approach to get rid of these pests. Turin Pest Control offers roach prevention and treatment plans to combat these invaders and kick them out of your home. If you are ready to start fighting back, start by following these tips to discourage roaches.
· Seal Up Your Home—Roaches can fit in very tiny little cracks. Once they find their way in, they can find the kitchen in no time. Check the seals and weatherstripping around your doors and windows. Avoid leaving doors or windows open without screens in place.
· Keep Your Home Cool—Roaches prefer warm and moist locations, which is why they also like hanging out in your bathroom. Keeping your home cool will limit the moisture and make your home less hospitable for roaches.
· Lock Up The Food—Make sure to keep all your food well-sealed. In your pantry, utilize plastic containers with locking lids once a food item has been opened. This will prevent roaches from wriggling into your snacks.
· Be Vigilant on Crumb Patrol—Whether using a vacuum, broom, or dust buster, stay on top of crumbs after eating. This can be challenging for households with young children. Keeping a handheld vacuum nearby and using it after each meal or snack will help significantly. Your floor will stay clean and healthy while also minimizing the available food for the roaches. Also, remember to wipe your counters frequently because roaches can get up there too.
· Let Your Food Stay Central—Grabbing a bowl of popcorn in the living room or eating breakfast in bed might seem fun sometimes, but you are creating more spaces to clean food crumbs. Keeping your food in the kitchen or dining area will limit the spread of crumbs throughout your home, which will discourage roaches from hanging out all over your house too.
· Call Turin Pest Control—We live for fighting back tough pests. Our preventative solutions can help safeguard your home from a future invasion. If you already have roaches, we can build a customized treatment plan to combat your infestation at the source.
If you are interested in learning more about our roach prevention and treatment plans, reach out to Turin Pest Control. We are standing by to get on the frontlines and fight off those home invaders for you.